As Porsche Club Queensland is an Incorporated vehicle club, we are able to assist our members in obtaining registration through the Special Interest Vehicle Registration Concession Scheme.
Please review the following guidelines and associated information regarding eligibilty, and if your vehicle meets the requirements, please contact Lee Cooper in order to obtain a substantiating letter from the club (which is required to complete an application).
Special interest vehicles
A concession is available if you are registering a classic or vintage car, a street rod or a historic vehicle. This concession is based on the vehicle having a very strict and limited road use.
This concession is available for the following vehicles:
- vehicles that are at least 30 years old
- historic ambulances or historic fire-fighting equipment vehicles
- street rods (hot rods)—vehicles that have been modified for safe road use and have a body and frame built before 1949
- replicas of a motor vehicle, the body and frame of which were built before 1949, that is fitted with a modification plate (code LH9 or LH10).
The special interest vehicle scheme guide, outlines where and how vehicles under this concession can be used. You and anyone driving your vehicle must follow these conditions at all times.
Vehicles with this concession have limitations placed on their use. Events special interest vehicles can take part in include:
- rallies organised by incorporated vehicle clubs
- processions, displays, fetes and other similar events
- ceremonies such as weddings or formals involving immediate family members, where no fee or reward is given.
How to apply
You need to complete the registration concession application (F3937).
You will also need to supply:
- evidence of current club membership with a Queensland incorporated vehicle club (must be on club letterhead, include details of the vehicle to be registered and be signed by a club official)
- certification from a dating officer to confirm the vehicle's authenticity and year of manufacture if unable to be verified at your nearest transport and motoring customer service centre.
The above requirements are quoted directly from the Qld Department of Transport website, we will be periodically verifying that this information is up-to-date but it is advisable to check the source page directly for any updates prior to submitting an application.
There is also a PDF document detailing answers to frequently asked questions available here.
Concessional registration is only valid while you are a financial member of the Porsche Club Qld. If your membership lapses, you are required to notify Queensland Transport within 14 days.